CheckPoint is a charity that provides mental health resources for gamers and the gaming community.
Our missions are to raise awareness for mental health issues, reduce stigma, and improve wellbeing in our community. We are passionate about using video games for positive wellbeing and resilience.
What Do We Do, And How Do We Do It?
CheckPoint provides resources to improve the wellbeing of those who play games:
- GamerMates: A pro-mental health gaming community.
- The CheckPoint Series: An online video series tackling mental health issues using the power of video games.
- Mental Health Resources: Information, articles, courses and downloads to educate and teach self-care.
CheckPoint supports the use of video games for positive wellbeing and boosting resilience:
- CheckPoint’s Check List: Guidelines for representing or tackling mental health issues in games.
- Clinical Research: Real medical research about the benefits of games.
- Development: Watch this space…
Because CheckPoint is run by both mental health and games industry professionals, our reach spans across both industries and ensures the information we provide is accurate, relevant and implementable.
We are passionate that what we do will change the face of mental healthcare and video game culture forever.
To raise awareness of mental health issues, help those in need, and to reduce stigma.
A global gaming community which feels safe and well, in a world where games are used to treat mental health issues.
How Does That Work?
As a nonprofit we make sure that every cent is spent on relevant activities. We are mostly funded by community donations – usually from fundraising events. We also get corporate sponsorship and we have a membership system.
The CheckPoint Team
These amazing folks make CheckPoint what it is!
International Advisory Board
Local leading members of our global initiative
Are you a practising mental health professional? Apply to join our Clinical Advisory Board today.
Healthy Is Fun.
- We care for ourselves and for each other.
- We are passionate that play is an integral part of health.
- We promote responsible play.
- We share our health resources and knowledge freely with others.
CheckPoint is Safe.
- All spaces associated with the CheckPoint brand are safe for everyone.
- We always act with respect and integrity.
- We are benevolent in everything we do and exist to help others.
- Our organisational welcomes diversity and is intolerant of prejudice.
Strive for a Better Future.
- We are united to end stigma.
- We stay up to date and knowledgeable.
- We remain flexible and elastic, moving with technology and scientific changes.
- Our work is meaningful and we are making a difference.
- We provide a focal networking point for others who move in our circles.
- We are approachable and available at all times.
- We help the communities we bring together.
- No task is too big or small.
- We are a team, not a hierarchy.
- New ideas are welcomed and integral to growth.
- We handle all finances with professionalism and responsibility.
- We uphold a strict legal framework at all times.
Get in Touch
The Arcade, 164 Kings Way, South Melbourne, 3205
1300 512 440
We respond promptly to all queries. If you have any questions about what CheckPoint does, our mission statement or goals, how to help, how to get involved, or anything else, please do not hesitate to reach out.